Monday, February 11, 2013

Funeral Songs

Everyone who knows me knows I'm not at all a religious person.  So, when it comes to the end of my time I've always said I don't want someone who does not know me to stand over my corpse and "preach" me into heaven or hell either one.  I don't rightly believe in either one and I'm darned sure there is no preacher who knows no more than I who is going to decide it after I'm gone.

So, I've decided I do not want any kind of traditional funeral.  I just want anyone who might know me to stand up and say whatever they'd like, good or bad, about me and for a "preachin" I just want a CD of songs that have a unique meaning for me played.

I think this one is going to be there.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfUEggasXwI
 
 
Many others of course.  :-)  but that one has to be there somewhere.  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have your list saved, so no worries. I hope I won't have any need for it until long after I'm a grandparent myself. I also know I will read Tolkien as part of your service. I figure those books are your bible. :)

    ReplyDelete