Saturday, November 9, 2019

Sometimes

Sometimes
=====================================================================

Sometimes I wonder about things which are important only to me.
Sometimes I wonder about things which should be important to all.
Sometimes I wonder about things future and in past.
But, always I wonder.

Sometimes I look at the night sky filled with stars. 
Sometimes I look at the think of all the worlds there must be out there. 
Sometimes I look at the tiny ants toiling while building their own little worlds.
And, always I wonder.

Sometimes I look at the strife in the world around me with all its mysteries.
Sometimes I lie back and dream of a way it could be with just a little effort.
Sometimes I don't care, sometimes I do care, always I'm entranced.
And find new ways to wonder.

Sometimes I lie, alone, in bed dreaming of things possible and those not.
Sometimes I see the evils in our world and the good inherent in man.
Sometimes I see the questions which have no answers and answers to questions unasked.

And, again I wonder.

Sometimes I see such simple questions unanswered.
Sometimes I see pure hypocrisy paraded as virtues.
Sometimes I see minds ruled by hatred and lies.
And I no longer wonder.

For I have looked high to the heavens for truth.
And all the while it is beneath my feet.
Trite, trash, unworthy of a thinking, feeling creature.
Then, I wonder even more.

Frank  VanHoose
November 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment