Friday, October 14, 2011

An Almost Full House

Yesterday evening my elder daughter,  her husband and my two grandsons cave to visit.  They were all in town for my younger daughter's wedding.  After they left I got to thinking this is the first time since she and my son-in-law have been married all four of them have been in my house at the same time.  I thought it was very nice.  I just wish Carrie, Andrew and Eliza could have been there as well.  I don't have a clue where we would have fit them all as my house (and especially the living room) is not all that large.

But, Carrie and Andrew are off honeymooning and Eliza was with her Grandma Carol.  She is not doing so well with sleeping while her parents are away.  I would dearly LOVE to be there just to see her face when Carrie and Andrew walk in.  That will be a beautiful sight I'm sure.

Heather will turn thirty in January.  I'm not sure how old Corey is though we share the same birth date.  Even so I never remember to wish him a happy birthday.  Somehow birthdays and I just to not mix well.  Any way he is getting a little grey and a they are all getting a little older.  As are we all.  The conversation bounced around like an old 'super ball'.  (If you remember what a super ball is you're revealing your age.) 

The boys are really growing fast.  Haydn (the older) is nine now.  Just not seem possible.  He loves tornadoes.  I've already mentioned the way I love rain and thunder storms.  Maybe there is a gene for that.  *smile*  Both boys are reading for pleasure now and I am very happy about that.  Most everyone and everything will let you down sometime in your life but a good book is always a good book.

That is somewhat stolen from George Burns.  I'm not telling you so if you're interested you'll have to go look it up. 

I live in Columbia, SC and they live in Tupelo, MS.  For me that is just way too much driving and it gets "longer" every year.   I wish they lived closer but my younger, Carrie, just lives across town and I rarely ever feel like driving that far. 

Then I think about the westward migration back in the nineteenth century and how children would leave home to venture west and parents would hear nothing else from them.  Distance and the fact most couldn't read anyhow made communication a difficult thing. 

So, I guess I'm blessed with modern technology.  We are all on FaceBook and I got a cell phone with a keyboard specifically so I can text with the girls.  We have email.  So, even when my house is empty I still always have an 'almost' full house.   

No comments:

Post a Comment