Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Freezing

I woke up this morning in a full body sweat and very lethargic.  There is one reason this happens but I'm so lethargic I can't think of it.  When I finally thought to take my blood sugar it was 49.  I popped a glucose tablet to get it up fast and grabbed a bowl of banana nut Cheerios.  Then, about the time I was going to leave for work it all changed to me freezing my butt off.

I remember that happening once before many years ago when Heather lived with me and before Linda and I were married.  Seemed like every bit of heat and warmth drained out of my body.  I was wearing insulated underwear, three pairs of socks and had the thermostat turned up to 85 and was in bed under all the covers I had still doing a full body shiver.

When Heather got home I got her to bring the extra blankets from her room and spread over me.  It did not seem to help but after a time my body began to warm up again.  Soon I was OK and able to go to sleep normally.  This morning was as close as I've been to that since then though it happened when I was awake and did not last but two or three hours.  I do not know what causes it but it is a little frightening.  Here is is, late April, and I'm sitting in my house wearing my warmest coat and it is not cold outside.   Makes one wonder.

But I'm warm now so nothing serious has happened.  But it does make me wonder about losing all the warmth in my body and never getting it back.  Be an interesting thing to freeze to death in April in South Carolina.  Well, I've never been one to do anything the normal way.


1 comment: